Grilled Marinated Flank Steak – learn how to grill flank steak (+ easy flank steak marinade included). Serve with chimichurri sauce!
- Approximately 1 pound flank steak
- 1 batch chimichurri sauce
Flank Steak Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Place flank steak in a large bowl, reusable silicone bag or freezer bag and let come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic powder, dried rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over the steak and ensure it is fully covered. Let marinate a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Ensure grill has clean grates and bring to medium/high heat (450-500 degrees F).
- Remove steaks from marinade (let any excess marinade fall off) and place over direct heat. Close grill.
- Sear on grill 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare or until the center of the thickest part of the steak reaches 130 degrees F using an internal meat thermometer – or let cook until desired level of doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board and cut into strips (cut against the grain).
- Gluten-free: coconut aminos or tamari a great soy sauce substitutes.
- up the spice: feel free to add a little dash of red pepper flakes to the marinade!
Keywords: flank steak marinade, grilled flank steak