How to grill romaine (it makes the best side dish or entree salad!)
- Clean grill grates and heat grill to 450-500 degrees.
- While grill heats up, rinse romaine and shake gently to remove as much water as possible; gently pat dry.
- Cut lengthwise so each head is in two separate pieces and leaves are held together by the stem.
- Brush both sides with olive or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place cut-side down on grill on direct heat (directly over flame) and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until lettuce is nicely charred.
- Gently flip over and grill other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and serve with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper or however you desire!
Keywords: grilled romaine, grilled romaine salad, how to grill romaine