Grilled Romaine – a simple step-by-step guide on how to grill romaine lettuce (it’s SO easy and the flavor it amazing!). Perfect for any summer salad!
- Clean grill grates and heat grill to 450-500 degrees F.
- While grill heats up, rinse romaine and shake gently to remove as much water as possible; gently pat dry.
- Cut lengthwise so each head is in two separate pieces and leaves are held together by the stem.
- Brush both sides with olive or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place cut-side down on grill on direct heat and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until lettuce is nicely charred.
- Gently flip over and grill other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and serve with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper or however you desire! We love using it to make a delicious grilled vegetable salad!
Keywords: grilled romaine, grilled romaine salad, how to grill romaine