Healthy Orange Chicken – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner the entire family will love!!
- 3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- (optional) 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 3 Teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 Teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon tapioca starch
- Combine orange juice, orange juice concentrate, orange zest, coconut aminos, garlic and sesame oil in a small saucepan. Let simmer uncovered while you cook the chicken.
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil, allowing it to coat the pan.
- Add chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Move chicken around, allowing it to cook, approximately 10 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a large plate; set aside.
- Pour sauce into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add tapioca starch and use a whisk to combine.
- Continue stirring with whisk until sauce starts to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli if you are using it and allow it to cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add back chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serving suggestion: serve on cauliflower rice if Whole30/Paleo – otherwise feel free to serve on regular rice if you want!
- If you want to make this into more of a stir-fry and add even more veggies I would just suggest doubling the sauce so there is enough to coat everything! Super easy!
Keywords: healthy orange chicken