Healthy Vegetable Frittata – a delicious breakfast that is Dairy-Free, Paleo and Whole30!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1–2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup (packed) fresh kale, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (halve any really large slices) – use any kind you want
- 3–4 Love Beets Organic Mild Vinegar Beets, cubed
- 16 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper
- Add oil to 10-12 inch cast iron skillet, bring to medium high heat and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add garlic and shallots, move around until they become fragrant and cook down slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add butternut squash and move around the pan allowing to cook slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add kale and mushrooms, moving around pan and allowing to cook, about 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add beets to the skillet and pour egg mixture over top.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Use a spatula to separate the egg as it cooks from the side of the pan. Once the egg starts to fully cook around the outside, you can carefully use the spatula to gently pull the egg away from the side of the pan and then tip the pan in that direction, allowing the uncooked portion of the egg to pour into the open space and cook more quickly. Continue doing this periodically and allowing the egg to cook until just the top layer remains uncooked.
- Place under broiler (second highest rack) and watch very carefully until the top just starts to brown and the egg is fully cooked.
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving suggestion: if you aren’t concerned with Whole30/Paleo you can sprinkle some crumbled goat cheese on top!
Keywords: vegetable frittata