The perfect side dish or the foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl!
- white, long grain rice (you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice so look at your package instructions to determine how many cups of raw rice you need – the package I used called for 2 cups water and 1 cup rice for 2 cups cooked)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 3–4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tasteless oil (olive oil would work fine)
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tightly packed, chopped cilantro (additional for garnish if you desire)
- Add your required amount of water to your saucepan.
- When it is time to add the rice, also add 1 Tablespoon lime juice and bay leaf.
- Cook until done.
- Remove from heat and add salt, oil, cilantro, lime zest and 3 Tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Fluff and mix well.
- Taste and add any additional salt, lime juice and/or cilantro per your taste.
Keywords: cilantro lime rice