Easy Pie Crust Recipe – Your go-to pastry crust for pot pie, pies and tarts!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons COLD water
- Combine: Combine flour and salt in medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine: In small bowl combine water and oil (do not stir).
- Combine: Pour water/oil mixture into flour mixture and mix with a fork.
- Form: Form into 2 equal sized balls.
- Roll Out: One at at time, place a ball in between two sheets of wax paper and roll out to desired size. If the edges initially crack, don’t worry, just keep rolling out and they will become smooth. For pie crust roll out until dough is approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Peel: Peel off the top layer of wax paper and then carefully flip over onto your pie plate making sure the pie plate is centered. Peel of the remaining wax paper.
- Form to Pan: Gently help the dough fall down, pressing as needed, to mold the dough into the pie plate. Crimp the rim with your fingers so the edges are all even.
- Baking (Option 1): Poke holes in the bottom with a fork and line with a piece of parchment. Place dried beans or pie weights in the center and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove parchment and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pie Recipe (Option 2): Use in your regular pie recipe (such as this one.
- Wax Paper Moving: get your counter just a little wet before putting your first piece of wax paper down to prevent it from sliding!
- Oil Substitutes: Olive oil does NOT work in this recipe and I have not tested every other kind of oil so I would recommend not substituting the vegetable oil.
- Pie Plate Size: use a 9-10 inch pie plate
Keywords: easy pie crust recipe