Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze – a delicious honey ham glaze recipe made with honey, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), a little bourbon and more!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon bourbon (more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- water to thin
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust any flavor, as desired. If you feel it is too thick and you prefer it thinner – whisk in water a tablespoon at a time.
- Cook your ham according to your favorite recipe (we love this one) and brush glaze over ham before the last 20 minutes or so of cooking. Return to oven, uncovered, and finish cooking. Feel free to use a kitchen blow torch to crisp up the outside before serving!
- Double Recipe: feel free to double this recipe, if needed.
- Saucepan: you can also make this in a saucepan – just warm slightly on the stove until it starts to thin.
- Paleo: to keep this recipe paleo ensure you use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Butter: feel free to use ghee or plant-based butter here.
- Bourbon: feel free to omit if you want or use more if you want – I would add an additional teaspoon at a time.
Keywords: honey ham glaze