How to Cut Mango – this simple tutorial will have you cutting mangos like a pro all summer long for snacking, adding to tacos, or tossing in smoothies!
- 1 ripe mango
- Grab a ripe mango and a sharp paring knife.
- Hold your mango upright on the cutting board with the stem on top.
- Slice off the side of your mango by cutting through the mango about 1/4″ from the stem. This way you will avoid cutting into the pit.
- Do this all the way around the mango.
- Then take each side of the mango, hold it in the palm of your hand, and very carefully cut through the fruit (be careful to not cut all the way through the skin). You will cut slices the length-wise of the fruit and then turn the mango in your hand to make slices the other direction. This will result in cubes that are stuck to the skin.
- Use your hands to pop the round side of the mango the other direction causing the cubes of fruit to separate.
- Very carefully use your knife to slice the mango cubes off the skin and into a bowl.
- Enjoy by itself, toss it in a smoothie, use as a topping on tacos, or toss in the freezer to save for later!
Keywords: how to cut mango