A step-by-step tutorial on how to grill the perfect steak every time!
- (2) 1inch thick ribeye steaks
- Ground black pepper
- A LP gas grill
- Clean grill and turn temperature up to 450-500 degrees.
- Let steaks come to room temperature.
- Pierce repeatedly all over with fork on both sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides.
- Place steaks directly over heat, close grill and drop temperature down to 400.
- Let steaks cook for 2 minutes.
- Rotate steaks 90 degrees and move to indirect heat if steak is very fatty. If not having flare-up issues, it can stay on direct. You can always move to indirect at a later time if need be.
- Let cook 2 more minutes.
- Flip steaks over and let cook 3 minutes.
- Then check steaks for temperature reading. (Medium -rare will most likely be taken off at this point).
- If haven’t reached desired temperature, let cook an additional 1 minute.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 4 minutes.
Keywords: grill, steak, tutorial