Easy Grilled Vegetables – an easy, quick way grill all your beautiful veggies!
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1–2 bell peppers
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow squash
- Ensure grill grates are clean; preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare your veggies and drizzle them in olive or avocado oil. Sprinkle them lightly with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Once grill is hot add your vegetables in a single layer (you might have to do more than one batch depending upon how much you are grilling) over direct heat.
- Close the grill and let cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Open the grill and flip your zucchini, bell peppers and yellow squash. Rotate your asparagus. Close grill and let cook another 1-2 minutes. Then open and flip your onions. Close the grill.
- After another 2-3 minutes open the grill and your zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus and yellow squash should be done (if they don’t look done enough just close the lid and let them cook a bit more). Otherwise, place them on a platter. Let the onion cook another 1-2 minutes and then remove them from the grill as well.*
- Serve immediately.
- Every grill is different and some can be much hotter than others. Also, you might cut your veggie thicker than I did. Always use your eye when grilling and your best judgment – if your zucchini or asparagus are starting to look really charred, take them off. Or if you like a more crunchy grilled veggie – don’t cook as long. If you like a really well-cooked veggie – cook a minute or two longer. That being said, veggies really don’t take too long to cook on the grill so stay close and watch them carefully.
Keywords: grilled vegetables, grilled veggies, how to grill vegetables