How to make ghee at home!
- 1 pound of butter
- Melt butter on med-low.
- Once melted, bring up to medium heat and let butter start to simmer (uncovered).
- Carefully scrape off any foam/solids that come to the top with a small slotted spoon or small, hand-held sieve/strainer.
- Once the top is clear it turns a dark, golden brown and starts to smell slightly nutty, remove immediately. (as for time frame – it all depends on your temp, but it should take about 7-10 minutes).
- Pour through cheesecloth and a fine, mesh sieve into a glass container.
- Store in airtight container on counter for up to a month or in the fridge for several months.
Keywords: how to make ghee