A step-by-step tutorial on how to roast spaghetti squash in the oven so it turns out perfectly every time! Roasted spaghetti squash is the first step for so many recipes – the possibilities are endless!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take cookie sheet and line it with parchment.
- Halve the spaghetti squash and remove seeds (an ice cream scoop works well!).
- Place spaghetti squash cut-side down on parchment and roast in oven on middle rack for 1 hour.
- Optional: rub ghee, olive oil or butter on the inside first and sprinkle with a little salt – I personally don’t do this, but feel free to if you would like!
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Take fork and gently scrap from one end to the other (the long way).
- Use in your favorite spaghetti squash recipe!
- If you struggle cutting spaghetti squash in half, place in the microwave whole for 3 minutes on high to help soften the outside first.
- If you like a more firm spaghetti squash “noodle” simply reduce cooking time by 10-15 minutes.
- Spaghetti squash can be prepped ahead of time for the week. Store in air-tight container and keep in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- To help reduce water pooling in your storage container, place cooked and spaghetti squash noodles in strainer over a plate. You can also use one of these containers like these to help keep the noodles separate from any liquid.
Keywords: spaghetti squash, roasted vegetables, meal prep