Instant Pot Butternut Squash – the quickest way to cook your butternut squash!
- 1 medium or small butternut squash
- 1 cup water (or vegetable broth)
Halved Butternut Squash:
- Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise (cut off the bottom inch if needed to fit in the Instant Pot).
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Pour water in bottom of Instant Pot.
- Place trivet inside.
- Place butternut squash inside, scooped side up.
- Ensure Instant Pot is sealed.
- Close lid and cook on High Pressure for 9 minutes.
- Natural release for 5 minutes.
- Quick release remaining pressure according to manufacturers instructions.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Serve as a side dish or use it in your favorite butternut squash recipe.
- Smaller Butternut Squash: If you have a really smaller butternut squash you could reduce the cook time to 8 minutes.
Keywords: Instant Pot Butternut Squash