Juicy Turkey Breast Recipe– a classic, tried-and-true roasted turkey breast that is always a crowd-pleaser (and so easy to make)!
- 7–8 pound turkey breast (bone-in)
- 1/2 cup butter (or ghee), softened and divided
- kosher salt and ground black pepper (approx. 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of each)
- stuffing (optional): orange, onion, garlic and fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Ensure turkey breast is fully thawed. Remove from package (ensure to remove any gravy packet from cavity) and place on a large plate.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel and place on a roasting pan with a roasting rack.
- Take 1/4 cup of softened butter and rub all over the turkey breast, in every nook and cranny, including under the skin.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Add any stuffing you desire (note: this may increase the cook time a little).
- Place in the oven (middle rack, uncovered).
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter and use to it to baste the turkey breast every 30 minutes.
- Roast for 13-16 minutes per pound or until the internal temp is 165 degrees F. Continue cooking for 10-15 minute increments until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F. If you notice that any part of the skin is getting too dark you can loosely tent with foil towards the end, if needed.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Carve and serve immediately.
- Additional butter: You may need an additional 1/4 cup of butter if you want to go heavy on the basting, or you can use juices from the pan – personal preference!
- Chicken/ Turkey Broth: Feel free to add in 1/2-1 cup of either turkey or chicken broth in the bottom the roasting pan if you want to have enough juices to make turkey gravy. Chicken stock works too.
- Stuffing: The turkey breast pictured was stuffing with some cut up yellow onion, orange chunks, head of garlic and some fresh rosemary. Stuffing the turkey will increase the cook time by a little bit. Stuffing is completely optional!
- Meat thermometer: I highly recommend getting a internal meat thermometer to help ensure the bird had reached 165 degrees F. internal temp.
- Drippings: use any pan drippings to make homemade turkey gravy!
- Seasoning: Feel free to add additional seasoning in with the salt and pepper – I love using ground sage.
- Roasting Pan Liquid: feel free to add some chicken broth and a splash of white wine to the bottom of the roasting pan along with some chopped yellow onion or fresh herbs. Any leftover liquid (combined with drippings) can be used to make gravy!
- Storage: any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 557
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 452.5 mg
- Fat: 17.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Protein: 94.6 g
- Cholesterol: 257.9 mg
Keywords: roast turkey breast