Meatball Curry – a delicious, easy one-skillet meal that is packed with flavor! Made with simple, real ingredients!
Ginger Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, peel and cut into half-moons
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped (more for garnish)
- basmati rice or cauliflower rice
- Combine Ginger Chicken Meatball ingredients in a medium bowl; combine.
- Create meatballs using 1 tablespoon at a time (I like to use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop) and set aside on a plate.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil; swirl to coat the pan.
- Add meatballs and sear on all sides (you do not need to cook them all the way through at this point). Remove from the pan and place on a plate; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat.
- Add garlic and move around pan until fragrant, approx. 30 seconds.
- Add carrots, onion and bell pepper. Move around pan 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry paste, garlic chili sauce, chicken broth, coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, lemongrass and lime juice. Stir to combine until consistency is smooth.
- Add meatballs back into the pan along with the fresh basil. Bring to a light simmer and cover. Let cook approx. 10 mins or until meatballs are cooked through (chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.).
- Serve with cauliflower rice, basmati rice or brown rice.
- Forming chicken meatballs: placing the chicken meatball mixture in the fridge for 20-30 minutes prior to forming helps – also if you are forming them with your hands add a little oil to your hands to help prevent sticking.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition: nutrition provided is an estimate and does not include rice or other sides.
- Serving Size: 1/6 pan
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 915.3 mg
- Fat: 27.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Protein: 18.2 g
- Cholesterol: 96 mg
Keywords: meatball curry