A simple, yet decadent and healthy Christmas treat!
- 1 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine almond butter, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and arrowroot powder in food processor.
- Blend until fully combined.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball in your hand.
- Continue until you have used all of the almond butter mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Take balls out of freezer and re-roll in between hands to ensure a smooth surface.
- Taking a fork, place the balls in the melted chocolate one at a time, rolling them around until fully coated.
- Use fork to place truffle on parchment or wax paper.
- As soon as you place truffle on parchment, sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
- Truffles last for 1 week in fridge and 3 weeks in freezer.