Mint Chocolate Vegan Shortbread Cookies – a light and delicious holiday treat!
- 3/4 pound dairy-free margarine, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint/mint extract
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6–8 oz dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using electric stand mixer, combine butter and sugar in bowl and mix together with paddle attachment.
- Add peppermint extract and continue mixing.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour and salt.
- Add flour mixture, together with chopped mint leaves, into butter mixture.
- Mix on low speed until it creates a dough.
- Remove from bowl and place on flour-dusted surface and shape into a large disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from refrigerator and roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with preferred cookie cutter.
- Place on uncreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When you are ready to dip in chocolate, melt chocolate along with coconut oil in microwave.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and place on parchment paper to let dry.
Keywords: Mint Chocolate Vegan Shortbread Cookies