Mussels in White Wine Sauce – a classic dish that is packed with flavor! Don’t forget to sop up the sauce with some delicious bread!
- 2 pounds mussels
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1Tablespoon olive oil
- 3–4 garlic cloves, diced
- 6 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup white wine (I used a chardonnay)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley, loosely packed
- Ensure mussels are properly prepared and have soaked in water for 30 min.
- In a deep saute pan, add butter and let melt.
- Add shallots, garlic and olive oil.
- Let shallots sweat and soften – about 3 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Add white wine and lemon juice.
- Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika and fresh parsley.
- Stir and let simmer another 2 minutes.
- Add mussels and cover immediately – let simmer for 2 minutes or until mussels open.
- Spoon mussels into shallow bowl, pour sauce over the top and serve with fresh, warm, crusty French bread and lemon wedge.
Keywords: Mussels in White Wine Sauce