The perfect recipe for a weekend brunch or to make ahead for weekday breakfast!
- 1 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups paleo flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons ghee, melted (feel free to omit if not part of your paleo diet)
- 1/2 cup fresh Driscoll’s blueberries
- 3 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside. (note: a glass loaf pan seems to work a little better)
- Measure mashed bananas into a medium bowl.
- Add beaten egg; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Mix in melted ghee,
- Gently fold in blueberries,
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Optional: take extra banana and carefully cut a think strip and place on the top of the loaf; gently pressing down into the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let rest 5 minutes in the pan; carefully use spatula to loosen sides and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine Glaze ingredients in small saucepan and stir while allowing to melt on medium low heat.
- Once melted and fully combined, pour over top bread and allow to cool.