Paleo Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salad – liven up your work-lunch game and meal prep these yummy roasted cauliflower, grilled chicken and yellow honey beet mason jar salads!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (check ingredients if Paleo)
- 1 cup cucumber (use ribbons or simply dice into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 cup Love Beets honey + vinegar golden beets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- balsamic dressing (I love this one, which is paleo-friendly)
- feel free to add avocado too!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place cauliflower florets in small bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Toss to coat.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, flipping once – internal temp needs to be 165.
- You can also cook your chicken in a cast iron or instant pot – I also batch prep chicken by boiling the whole breast in water for 15-20 minutes or until internal temp of 165 and then shred it to save for salads.
- In your choice of storage container place chicken on the bottom, then almonds, cucumber, beets, romaine and cauliflower.
- Place salad dressing in small storage safe container.
- Bring both to work and either pour into a salad bowl or eat out of your storage container.
- Prep several and they will be fine in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
*feel free to omit chicken if you prefer a vegan salad – chickpeas would be a good substitute and you could roast them with the cauliflower! (note that chickpeas are not considered paleo)
Keywords: grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower, honey, beets, cucumber, mason jar, meal prep, work lunch