Easy, delicious and the perfect way to use your summer fruit!
Oil Pastry Crust (or a pre-made/store-bought pastry crust works just fine!):
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 5 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- egg wash (1 egg whisked together with a splash of water)
- extra sugar
- Combine oil pastry ingredients and divide into two balls.
- Place each between pieces of wax paper and roll out into large circles for pie crust.
- For Filling – Add flour and sugar to large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add fruit, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Gently fold together and then let sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour filling mixture into pastry lined pie pan.
- Take butter and divide into 5 small chunks, placing them randomly and spread out on top of the filling.
- Take top of pie pastry and cut into lattice or other decoration.
- Brush top of pie with egg wash and then sprinkle with extra sugar.
- gently cover the crust with strips of foil.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Then bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Gluten-Free Crust: here is a recipe for a gluten-free crust!
Keywords: peach blueberry pie