Pesto Meatballs – a delicious and easy pesto meatball recipe that is perfect with spaghetti! Easily baked or cooked on stove-top!
- 1 lb ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (dairy-free or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Use a tablespoon-sized cookie dough scoop to create meatballs; roll out between your hands.
- Place meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake (middle rack) for 18-22 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- We love serving with a traditional spaghetti and meatballs (feel free to use regular or gluten-free noodles).
- Stove Top: alternatively you can cook these on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. Bring skillet to medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Sear meatballs on all sides and then reduce heat a bit and continue cooking/turning meatballs until fully cooked (about 15-25 minutes).
- Serving: you can serve these with regular spaghetti and marinara, spaghetti squash and marinara, gluten-free pasta and marinara or you can just serve them in additional pesto. Whatever works best for you.
- Storage: store extra meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: pesto meatballs