That easy and delicious holiday appetizer you are looking for!
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 2 packages of prosciutto
- approximately 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Cut cantaloupe into small squares.
- Take a piece of prosciutto and cut it in half lengthwise and across so it is in quarters.
- Take a piece of cantaloupe and wrap it in prosciutto.
- Place a folded basil leaf on top and then push toothpick in to hold all together.
- Note: how many individual appetizers this makes is entirely dependent upon how big your melon squares are. If you cut the melon too big, you will need a whole half of a prosciutto slice to fully wrap the square. Plan accordingly.