Quinoa Bowls – a delicious, easy quinoa bowl recipe that is packed with flavor and good-for-you ingredients! Use chickpeas or chicken and don’t forget that amazing Peanut Sauce!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (sub or add chicken, see Notes)
- 1 yellow sweet potato, cubed (small so they cook faster)
- 1 yam (orange sweet potato), cubed (small so they cook faster)
- 10 brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- olive oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup drippy peanut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons water to thin (more as-needed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chickpeas, sweet potatoes and yam on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Place in the oven, middle rack, and let cook 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add brussel sprouts and red onion. Drizzle those with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven and let bake another 12-15 minutes or until everything is soft, but firm. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa and bring medium-sized saucepan to medium-high heat. Add rinsed quinoa, coconut milk and pinch of salt. Stir and cover. Let simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Make peanut dressing by adding peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water to a small bowl. Whisk to combine (it takes a few seconds of whisking to fully incorporate the water).
- Add an additional tablespoon of water and whisk to combine again.
- Taste and add any additional maple syrup, as-desired. Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency. Whisk to combine.
- Divide quinoa and veggies/chickpeas between 4 bowls a drizzle with Peanut Sauce.
- Chicken Add-In: if you want to either sub chicken or just add chicken to this bowl then we recommend this Chicken Marinade and this Grilled Chicken Breast!
- Coconut Quinoa: feel free to sub regular quinoa if you prefer, but we love this Coconut Quinoa recipe included in the recipe card above!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: quinoa bowl