- (2) 15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3–4 cups cooked quinoa (cook per package instructions)
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans, shelled and thawed
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3–4 English cucumbers, cut into ribbons (or just cut into chunks)
Creamy Peanut Dressing:
- 1/3 cup drippy/extra-creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons water (more if needed)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (more if desired)
- 1/4 Teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas on paper towel (or clean kitchen towel) and pat dry.
- Place dried chickpeas on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Use your hands to massage oil and salt into the chickpeas.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until crispy (feel free to toss halfway).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Take small/medium bowl and add peanut butter and Califia Unsweetened Almondmilk. Use a small whisk to combine (it will form a very sticky mixture).
- Then add water and whisk again (this should thin out the dressing).
- Add maple syrup and sesame seed oil and whisk to combine.
- Add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out even more until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Taste and add additional maple syrup, as desired, whisk to combine.
- In each bowl add an equal amount of roasted chickpeas, quinoa, edamame, carrot and cucumber.
- Serve with creamy peanut dressing.
- You can also prep in a mason jar, as pictured, by layering chickpeas, edamame, quinoa, cabbage, carrots and cucumber.
Keywords: quinoa and chickpea salad