- 2–3 Medium sized beets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 2–3 Tablespoons honey
- Take vegetable peeler and peel outside skin off of beets.
- Cut beets into approx. 8 wedges.
- Place beet wedges into medium sized bowl.
- Add olive oil and 1 1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt.
- Toss to evenly coat.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Take cookie sheet and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place beets on cookie sheet and spread out.
- Place beets in oven and let roast for 25-30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, check beets periodically to see if done – depending upon the size of your beets and how thick your wedges are, they may need more or less than 25 minutes to reach your desired texture. To test, simply pierce the largest wedge with a fork – if it easily goes into the beet, then they are done.
- Remove from oven when desired texture is reached and place in serving bowl.
- Drizzle desired amount of honey over beets and sprinkle remaining 1/2 Teaspoon of kosher salt on top.
- Feel free to sub the honey for maple syrup if you want to make this plant-based.
Keywords: roasted beet recipe