- 20–25 brussel sprouts (cleaned – remove outer layer of leaves – with core/base removed and then cut in half)
- 2–3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 Tablespoons butter (use ghee to make Whole30)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons diced shallots
- 1/2–3/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place brussel sprouts in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and 2 Teaspoons salt; toss to coat evenly.
- Place brussel sprouts on foil-lined cookie sheet and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes at 350; remove after 10-12 minutes to stir.
- Remove brussel sprouts and set aside.
- In medium-large skillet, add butter and let melt.
- Then add shallots and let sweat, about 2-3 minutes stirring constantly on medium.
- Add pancetta and lemon zest.
- Let cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Then add brussel sprouts, remaining 1 Teaspoon of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Serve immediately.