Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta – a flavorful and delicious side dish for any occasion! Easy enough for any meal!
- 20–25 brussel sprouts (cleaned – remove outer layer of leaves – with core/base removed and then cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter (use ghee to make Whole30)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1/2–3/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place brussel sprouts in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and 1 teaspoons salt; toss to coat evenly.
- Place brussel sprouts on foil or parchment-lined cookie sheet and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes at 350; remove halfway 10-12 minutes to toss.
- Remove brussel sprouts and set aside.
- In medium-large skillet, add butter and let melt.
- Then add shallots and let sweat about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly on medium.
- Add pancetta and lemon zest.
- Let cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Then add roasted brussel sprouts, pepper and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Stir until mixed well.
- Serve immediately.
- For paleo/Whole30: just double check your pancetta ingredients and use ghee instead of butter.
- Dairy-Free: to make dairy-free you can use vegan butter in place of regular butter.
Keywords: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta