Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but delicious enough for a weekend dinner party!
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta (gluten-free works! I love the Jovial brand)
- 12 large pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 large head of cauliflower (or two small)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425.
- To prepare your cauliflower, cut off the base/core and then I just started slicing like a loaf of bread. The florets will start to fall apart and simply cut up any pieces that are particularly big.
- Take a foil-lined baking sheet and spread out the cauliflower.
- Drizzle with a fair amount of olive oil (think a couple tablespoons) until well-coated, sprinkle with salt and then sprinkle a fair amount of turmeric (again, just make sure every piece is well-coated).
- Place in oven, middle rack, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Take another foil-lined baking sheet and place kale on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and massage into the leaves; sprinkle with some salt.
- Place shrimp on the same baking sheet – it is fine if they overlap a bit, the kale will cook down significantly. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and olive oil as well.
- Set aside.
- Ensure you have a large pasta pot of water ready and waiting.
- After 20 minutes of the cauliflower roasting, take it out and give it a mix up and return to oven.
- Also place the kale/shrimp pan in the oven, it can go on the bottom rack.
- Add pasta to the pot and cook until al dente, per package instructions.
- Once pasta is done, drain and return to pan.
- Drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
- Add tomatoes and cover.
- Then remove cauliflower, kale and shrimp from oven.
- Add to pasta pot and mix very well with a pair of tongs; cover but remove from direct heat,
- In a small skillet, brown your butter by allowing it to simmer until it turns a brown color and it has a very strong nutty smell.
- Pour brown butter over pasta.
- (Note: if you are feeling lost and don’t know how or can’t handle the brown butter…. adding just some melted butter will most likely be just fine!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Feel free to garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.