Salsa Verde Chicken – a quick and delicious meal that is so easy to meal prep!! (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy-Free)
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14–16oz salsa verde (feel free to make your own or purchase it)
- Bring saute pan to medium high heat on stove and add oil to coat the pan.
- Add garlic and shallots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then stir while allowing them to cook, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape shallot and garlic into crock pot. Add chicken breasts and pour salsa verde on top.
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with fork.
- Return to slow cooker.
- Set to Saute Function.
- Once hot, add oil and allow to coat the pan.
- Add shallots and garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow to cook, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off Saute Function.
- Add chicken and then pour the salsa verde over top.
- Move the chicken around so each piece is fully coated.
- Ensure Instant Pot is set to Sealing and then cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then carefully manually release.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and set onto a plate. Use a fork to shred the chicken and then return it to the pot.
- Mix the shredded chicken back into the salsa verde mixture.
- Feel free to add fresh cilantro or lime juice, as desired, to intensify flavor.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container for 3-5 days.
- Always follow your Instant Pot directions for use.
- Serving suggestions: make a salsa verde chicken rice bowl (or use cauliflower rice with avocado, limes, fresh cilantro and dairy free sour cream. You can make salsa verde chicken tacos or use the chicken to make salsa verde enchiladas!
- For Whole30/Paleo – just double check your ingredients on store-bought salsa verde. I have actually had really good luck finding it though! Otherwise I have this recipe too! For serving suggestions, make a cauliflower rice bowl!
Keywords: salsa verde chicken, salsa verde chicken recipe