Easy Shaved Brussel Sprouts
- 12oz brussel sprouts (cut off ends and remove outer leaves; slice thinly)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon olive oil (or ghee)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon course kosher salt
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add brussel sprouts to pan.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and then let sit on heat for 1 minute.
- Stir and add the additional 1/2 Teaspoon if pan is starting to get a little dry.
- Stir again and then let sit for an additional minute.
- Taste (carefully) and add additional pinches of salt or pepper, as desired.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Feel free to substitute ghee or avocado oil instead of olive oil.
- Feel free to add additional seasonings such as garlic powder, turmeric or a little paprika!
- Use as a side dish for dinner, throw some eggs in there and call it breakfast (I love making this recipe in the same pan I already made bacon in! Just pour off the grease and the remaining grease coats the pan nicely!).
Keywords: shaved brussel sprouts