- 4–6 bell peppers, but into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4–6 Italian Sausages, each cut into 3 chunks
- avocado oil (1-2 tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper (approx. 1 teaspoon of each)
- optional: 2-3 cups fingerling potatoes, halved
- optional: 1 pint of mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and potatoes (if using) on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and massage into ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add chunks of sausage.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven and add mushrooms (if using).
- Return to oven and continue cooking 10 additional minutes (of course if you aren’t adding mushrooms, simply leave in the oven for a continuous 30 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve immediately.
- Parchment Paper: I wouldn’t recommend using parchment at a time higher than 425.
- Bell Peppers: Feel free to use a combo of red, yellow and orange bell peppers. If you are a big fan of green bell peppers, those would work too!
- Onions: feel free to use either red or yellow onion, but the flavor is the best when you can use a combo of the two. Ultimately just use what you have to keep it simple!
- Sausage: if Whole30/Paleo just double-check the ingredients on your sausages
- Fingerling Potatoes: these are optional, but they are a nice way to round out the meal with some carbs!
Keywords: Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies