A wonderfully refreshing spin on the classic margarita, just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
- 3/4 cup fresh minneola orange juice (peel one orange and place in blender – puree until completely liquid – pour through fine mesh sieve)
- 2–3 Tablespoons lime juice (add 2 Tablespoons first, more to taste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- 1 shot (approx. 1-1.5oz) tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 1 sweet basil leaf
- Rub citrus juice around rim of glass and dip in salt.
- Add basil to glass and crush/mull.
- Add ice to glass.
- Combine ingredients and pour over ice.
- Alternatively, you can add ingredients to a shaker with ice and then pour over layers of lime, minneola orange, navel orange, grapefruit and lemon.
- *everyone’s tastes are different, taste and adjust accordingly! Enjoy!