Simple Homemade Whole30 Breakfast Sausage – perfect for Sunday brunch or your weekly meal-prep!
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (check your labels)
- 1 Tablespoon whole fennel seed
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Primal Palate Meat and Potatoes Seasoning
- (if you don’t have primal palate then sub 1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano, 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder, 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder, 1/2 Tablespoon paprika)
- Place fennel seeds in small skillet and gently cook on medium heat for approximately 3-5 minutes, stirring fairly constantly.
- Combine all ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly combine.
- Make a large meatball in your hands (about 2 Tablespoons) and then gently flatten and round out to make a small pattie.
- Place in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Serve immediately or place in airtight container and store for up to 5-6 days in the refrigerator.