Your go-to seared ahi tuna recipe! So simple and always delicious!
- (2) 1 inch tuna steaks
- 2 Teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Place tuna steaks on plate.
- Sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds per side.
- Pat seasoning into each side to make sure they stick.
- Take large cast iron skillet and add oil.
- Bring to medium-high heat.
- When oil just starts to smoke, place tuna steaks in skillet.
- Cook for 30-45 seconds per side (or up to 1 minute if you just barely want it rare in the middle).
- Remove and let rest on clean plate for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sauce of choice (see notes below).
- To ensure Whole30/Paleo compliance – use coconut aminos. For a gluten-free alternative, use Tamari sauce. Otherwise, feel free to use soy sauce.
- eat undercooked or raw foods at your own risk
Keywords: tuna, cast iron, oil, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, easy weeknight