- 2 broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized sections
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (Optional – omit to make Whole30/Paleo/Vegan)
- Option 1: Steam broccoli using vegetable steamer on high for 5 minutes.
- Option 2: If you don’t have a vegetable steamer, simply place broccoli in medium saucepan along with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan by 1/2 inch. Cover and boil for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Once broccoli is steamed, drain liquid and keep broccoli in the pot.
- Add olive oil and toss/stir broccoli.
- Then add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Serve immediately.