A simple and delicious side dish for any meal!
- 10oz fresh, raw green beans
- salt and pepper
- Wash green beans and trim ends, if needed.
- Take medium saucepan and cover the bottom with water, about 1/2 inch.
- Place green beans inside, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, uncover and toss to ensure all of the green beans are turning bright green.
- Cover and turn down to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, take a medium bowl and fill with water and ice.
- Drain green beans and place in bowl of ice and water (this stops the cooking).
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
- You can also use a steaming insert in your pan, but this is just how I have always done it – no extra gadgets and really simple and easy!
- Serving suggestions: you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top; saute in some ghee, garlic and lemon zest; or saute in some coconut aminos with red pepper flakes!
- To store, place in airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: steamed green beans