Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes – the ULTIMATE slow cooker mashed potatoes recipe that, packed with flavor, couldn’t be easier!
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk (regular or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Add potatoes to slow cooker along with broth, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cover and let cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or on LOW 6-7 hours.
- Remove cover and add salt, pepper, milk, butter, Greek yogurt, sour cream and ranch dressing.
- Use a potato masher to mash everything together until the consistency is smooth (alternatively you can use a hand mixer).
- Taste and adjust the salt level or any other ingredient, per your own preferences.
- Dairy-Free: you can make this dairy-free by using almond milk, vegan butter, plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt, dairy free sour cream and dairy-free ranch.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container for up to 3-5 days in your refrigerator.
- Make-Ahead + Reviving: Make these mashed potatoes the day before and place in a casserole dish or dutch oven. Add additional cream and butter, stir, and place in the fridge over night. Revive them the next day by adding additional butter on the top and warming them in the oven or over the stovetop.
Keywords: slow cooker mashed potatoes