A fun and different way to use your seasonal rhubarb in a breakfast-inspired recipe!
- Approx. 10 strawberries, halved
- 2 stalks of rhubarb, halved
- zest of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in small-medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir often.
- (Suggestion: toss in a few additional strawberries and/or rhubarb after 10 minutes so that you have some firmer ones mixed in with the compote)
- Remove from heat and let cool so that the sauce thickens.
- Serve over yogurt and add granola.