A quick and easy way to make the perfect chicken every time!! (Whole30/Paleo)
- 5–8lb chicken, butterflied
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon coco aminos
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons ghee, melted
- Place Chicken in a container that allows it to sit fairly flat and rub down with salt, getting into every crevice.
- Combine olive oil, parsley, garlic, coco aminos and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken and, using your hands, rub ALL over.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes (or as long as 48 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place chicken on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with pepper and a little more salt.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 and keep cooking for an additional 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the melted ghee and the drippings.
- Serve immediately (I highly recommend you serve with some of the drippings poured on top).
- Or, cut up and keep in fridge for meal prep (again, I would highly suggest storing in the drippings so it retains flavor and doesn’t dry out!).