Perfect for serving Sunday brunch to a crowd or for making ahead for meal prep!
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Take large 12 inch cast iron skillet and place on stovetop, on high heat.
- When your pan is hot, add avocado oil and coat the pan.
- Add onion and garlic and let reduce, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage stir, letting cook fully.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the spinach and stir, letting wilt.
- Then add mushrooms and then pour eggs on top.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the ingredients together.
- If your eggs don’t quite cover all of the sausage and mushrooms, you can quickly whisk 2-3 more eggs together and pour on top.
- Let cook without stirring for approx 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs around the outside edge start to firm and only to top is uncooked.
- Place tomato slices on top and transfer to oven.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the top for approx 2 minutes, or until the top starts to brown.
- Remove from oven to let cool slightly and then serve.