Apple Cookies – this delicious apple cookie recipe is a sweet and yummy Fall treat! Serve with glaze if you want! Gluten-free friendly!
- 1 1/2 cups packed coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup grassfed butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 3/4 cup chopped, unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place coconut sugar and butter in stand mixer and mix on low until well combined.
- Mix in egg until fluff, on med-low for approx. 3-5 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- Turn mixer on low and slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Then slowly add in apple juice.
- If mixture seems too dry, add additional apple juice.
- By hand, stir in apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoon or so onto a greased cookie sheet and bake on middle rack for 6 minutes.
- Using stand mixer or simply a mixing bowl and whisk, mix together powdered sugar, almond milk, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk or mix until smooth.
- Once you remove cookies from oven, let cool slightly, then sprinkle some raw oats over them and glaze cookies as much or as little as you would like.
- Regular/Whole Wheat Flour: you can substitute 2 cups of regular flour for the almond AND cassava flour.
- Glaze: the glaze is totally optional. The cookies are plenty sweet without it, but if you want to kick things up a notch …. the glaze is a pretty amazing addition.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 24 hours, then store in refrigerator for up to a week.
Keywords: apple cookies