If you are looking for a fun, non-alcoholic alternative this summer, this light and refreshing mocktail is for you!
- 4 cups Watermelon – you will want to get the juiciest, most ripe one you can find so that the juice is full bodied. Use the darkest meat for your mocktail.
- 4–6 Mint leaves
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Club Soda
- Optional: Honey
- Optional: vodka (1/2 shot per drink)
- Roughly chop up 2 -3 cups of dark watermelon meat; try to remove as many seeds as possible.
- Add to blender along with 2-3 mint leaves.
- Blend until fully liquid.
- Taste and, if you want it to be sweeter, add a little bit of honey at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.
- optional: you can strain the watermelon at this point to ensure you just get straight juice, but you don’t have to.
- Take cocktail glass and add 3 cubes of watermelon (about 1×1 inch) as well as several ice cubes.
- Pour watermelon mixture over top, leaving about 1/2 inch or more at the top
- Add a splash of club soda or other sparking water.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and a slice of lime.