- 4–6oz thick-cut pasta (either make your own as explained in the post or buy the thickest dried pasta you can find)
- 2 cups beef bone broth (or regular beef broth)
- 1 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 8oz can slices mushrooms or 1–2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- In skillet, add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add mushrooms and baby bok choy.
- Cover and let simmer until pasta is done.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- If you are using fresh pasta, only boil for 1-3 minutes.
- Place pasta in large, shallow bowl.
- Check beef broth – taste and see if it needs additional salt or extra bouillon base (if you have it).
- Cover in as much broth, mushrooms and bok choy as you want.
- Serve with soft-boiled egg.