Tuna Macaroni Salad – the perfect recipe for a weekend cookout, meal-prep or an easy weeknight dinner! Always good and kid-friendly! (Dairy-free + Gluten-Free Friendly)
- 1/2 box macaroni pasta (this gluten-free elbow pasta works great too!)
- 1 50z can of tuna (on water)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup on yellow or white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook pasta, al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to both stop the cooking and to cool off the macaroni.
- Place cool pasta in medium/large mixing bowl.
- Open can of tuna and, using a fork, flake into the the same bowl as the pasta, breaking up any big chunks.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, as desired, or more mayo if it seems too dry.
- Optional ingredients: sliced green onions and diced hard-boiled egg make great additions to this recipe!
- Gluten-Free: I really like this gluten-free macaroni! Works perfectly in this recipe!
- Mayo: I love using my homemade mayo for this recipe, but use whatever works best for you!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: tuna macaroni salad