Turkey Tetrazzini – this classic leftover turkey recipe for turkey tetrazzini is simple, easy and sure to be a family favorite!
- 3 tablespoons butter (or ghee or plant butter)
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (sub gluten-free)
- 2 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 4oz plain cream cheese (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 oz cooked spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti al dente according to package instructions (feel free to break noodles into halves or thirds); drain and set aside.
- Bring large skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter and let melt; swirl to coat the pan.
- Add garlic and move around pan until fragrant; approx. 30 seconds.
- Add onion and move around pan until they soften slightly; approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrot and celery. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to coat the veggies. Slowly add broth, approx. 1/2 cup at a time, continually stirring to combine. Once broth is added let simmer 3-5 minutes. Then slowly add almond milk, while stirring continuously until fully combined.
- Let simmer 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pepper and lemon juice. Remove from heat and stir until cheese has melted.
- Add turkey and stir to combine.
- Add half the noodles to a 9×13 baking dish. Pour half the sauce on top and give it a toss. Add the remaining half of the noodles followed by the remaining half of the sauce. Toss to combine.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Let bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free use gluten-free spaghetti noodles and gluten-free flour.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free use plant butter, dairy-free cream cheese (I love Kite Hill), and dairy-free alternatives to parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Add-ins: feel free to add in frozen peas (about 1/2 cup) or other veggies into the mix!
Keywords: turkey tetrazzini