Tzatziki Sauce – an easy, delicious homemade Tzatziki Sauce recipe that is perfect for your favorite gyro recipe!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2–3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
- Squeeze out as much water from the cucumber as possible.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until consistency is smooth.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning, as-desired.
- Place in refrigerator so that sauce can thicken, approx. 1 hour.
- Use in your favorite recipe – we love it on our Chicken Gyros!
- Cucumber: we recommend using English cucumbers because they are a little less watery. Definitely peel your cucumbers or your sauce will end up green in color.
- Dairy-Free: we have a dairy-free version on the blog if that is what you prefer!
Keywords: tzatziki sauce