Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Califia Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (more to taste)
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- pinch of salt
- Whipped coconut cream, if desired
- Combine coconut milk, Calfia Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk, salt, vanilla, chia seeds and coconut sugar into medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Let sit at least 20 minutes or as long as overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut sugar, water and salt into small saucepan.
- Bring to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it begins to simmer, allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, turning heat down as it starts to boil more (try to keep it at a simmer).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (feel free to place the refrigerator for 10 minutes to speed up the process).
- Once cooled slightly, use a hand immersion blender to fully combine.
- Add vanilla chia pudding to small serving jar or bowl.
- Pour as much strawberry mixture on top as you wish.
- Top with whipped coconut cream, if desired.
- Remember to taste a long the way – taste chia pudding after it starts to thicken and add additional coconut sugar to increase sweetness or additional vanilla extract, as desired.
- You can skip the immersion blender if you want, leaving the cooked down strawberries for a different texture.
- You can prep everything and add the chia pudding and strawberries together in jars, as shown, the night before.
- Chia pudding will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator, covered.
- The strawberry mixture will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator, covered (it would also freeze really well).
- If you don’t want to use coconut milk you can substitute more Calfia Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk. It will simply take a little longer to thicken.
- You can usually find whipped coconut cream at your local grocery store next to you usual whipped cream options.
Keywords: chia pudding with strawberries, strawberry chia pudding, vanilla chia pudding, how to make chia pudding