Easy and delicious apple walnut bars are healthy and perfect for fall!
- 3 flax eggs (3 Tbl ground flax + 9 Tbl water; whisk and let sit on counter until recipe calls for them)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 6 Tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoons salt
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 honey crisp apples- sliced as thin as possible
- 2 Granny Smith apples – sliced as thin as possible
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In stand mixer combine coconut sugar, almond butter, coconut butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the apples) and mix.
- If dough is too dry, add some water 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Take a 9×12 baking pan and lay parchment paper across it so you will be able to lift out your bars.
- Pour dough into pan and then press firmly into pan so it is evenly spread out.
- Take your apple slices and start making a checkerboard pattern (as shown in pictures).
- Bake for 45 minutes and then check with a toothpick to ensure they are done – otherwise bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let sit in pan for 10 minutes and then carefully lift out of pan and let cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Vegan Salted Carmel Sauce