Vegan Enchiladas – a simple and delicious vegan dinner option that you are going to LOVE!
- 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Plant Butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 7–8 tortillas
- Approx. 4 tablespoons dairy free cream cheese
- 1 (16oz) jar salsa verde
- fresh cilantro (topping)
- red onion (topping)
- dairy free sour cream (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Place large cast iron skillet on stove and bring to medium/high heat. Add Plant Butter and let melt.
- Add garlic and move around pan until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add onion and green pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until onion starts to reduce and become translucent.
- Add black beans and corn. Stir to combine.
- Take casserole dish and tortillas. Add several scoops of the black bean filling to the middle of a tortilla. Then add about 2 teaspoons of dairy-free cream cheese spaced evenly across. Roll up tortillas and place in the casserole dish pushed against one side. Continue this process until the casserole dish is filled with rolled up tortillas and the filling is all used up.
- Pour salsa verde on top of the rolled up tortillas and place in the oven, uncovered. Bake for 30 minutes or until salsa verde becomes bubbly.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro, diced red onion and dairy-free sour cream.
- Califia Farms Plant Butter: Feel free to use either of the Plant Butter varieties – either will work!
- Tortillas: Use what you want, but if you are looking for a healthier option I really like these (which also happen to be gluten-free).
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese: I like using this kind.
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream: I like this store-bought kind or I make my own.
- Salsa Verde: I like this brand or you can make your own!
- Leftovers: This make great leftovers! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: vegan enchiladas