This Vegan Ricotta is a smooth and delicious dairy-free ricotta option for all of your favorite pasta recipes.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soak in boiling hot water for 20–30 minutes, drain before use)
- 1 block firm, organic tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Add cashews, unsweetened almond milk and 1/3 of the tofu block to a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until cashews are broken down and smooth (scrape down the sides intermittently as you do this).
- Add lemon juice, the remaining tofu, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and blend on low until fully combined and smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt or lemon juice, as desired.
- Use in your favorite dairy-free, plant-based recipe!
Keywords: vegan ricotta, dairy free ricotta